Tuesday, December 23, 2003

You know what I enjoy thinking about during this end of the year time? Orange alerts. I’m thinking of a time in the WWF when Ted Dibiase was THE MAN, probably the best chicken heel of all time. He surrounded himself with all sorts of enforcers. Virgil, of course (not exactly the best enforcer of all time, but hey…), and later Mike Rotunda in the guise of I.R.S, Bam Bam Bigelow, Tatanka, Jimmy Hart was around, as well as the Ultimate Enforcer (No, not that ultimate one) Andre the Giant. Sid Eudy, Sean Waltman and, I think even old King Kong Bundy were around as well. I think The Million Dollar Man intro’d the Taker as well.

You’re saying, AWArulz, what does this have to do with Orange Alerts. Heck, I dunno. I just wanted to talk about the Million Dollar Man. No, actually, I thought it was interesting that as we come down to an important date or two, trouble heats up. Whether it’s Christmas or New Years’ Even in Al Qaeda, they look for the big Feuds. Screw stuff like In Your House or Saturday Night’s Main Event. We’re shooting for Wrestlemania. When guys like Savage and Hogan started sniffing around looking to mess big Ted up, he gathered his troops around him, told ‘em that the bad guys (in his mind, anyway) were a’comin’ and to protect him (and he needed it after his spine was messed up).

I think that’s all Ridge is doing. Like Ted, Tom is rallying the troops. Heck, doofuses like Sid Eudy and Bam Bam never needed to get crazier and more ready to fight. Same goes for our great cops and Coast Guard and border guards. But just like Ted, Tom’s tweaking the knobs. Sid, I am sure, shot an extra shot of Steroids when Ted turned up the juice and good coppers (and I know, I useta was one) get just a little more wired up when the Watch commander gets all stern and intense with them.

Ah well. Later this weekend, I am going to post my Politician to Wrestler: Switched at Birth comparisons. If you have any, drop me an email. They don’t have to look alike, just have a similar gimmick.

Gimmicks are all there is:

AWArulz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home