Tuesday, April 06, 2004

What do you have to do?
I feel for Dubya, but I really feel for the Marines and Soldiers over in Iraq. What the heck can we do? I mean, I still believe this is the right thing to do - being in Iraq, getting Saddam out, the whole thing. But what do you do?

William F Buckley's interviewed in TIME this week and they ask him:
InterviewerHOW OPTIMISTIC ARE YOU THAT IRAQ WILL EMERGE AS A STABLE, DEMOCRATIC-LEANING STATE THAT IS FRIENDLY TO THE U.S. AND A MODEL FOR THE REGION?

Buckley: Not very. Professor J.Q. Wilson reminds us that after the Magna Carta, it took England about 500 years before it could persuasively call itself democratic and stable.What is unmistakably accomplished is the death of a hideous regime and kindled interest in liberal reform

I tend to agree. I just want to know what's next. I know we can't just pull out and I know there's not a good answer.

Not every entry involves Wrestling, folks - oh, maybe we should make the Iron Sheik our representative there. He'd kick butt with those curley shoes of his.

AWArulz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home